Sunday, September 11, 2011

Prabal Gurung Spring 2012


I had to change my sequel of posts due to the many things I'm working on right now. 
Instead of doing a recap on my favorite designers I will publish what caught my attention during fashion week, how about that?
I love to research the history of the designer. Prabal Gurung, was born in Singapore and raised in Nepal. Moved to NY City in 1999 and interned for Donna Karan while attending Parsons. In his first year he was awarded the "Best Designer" title at the annual Parsons/FIT design competition. He worked two years with Cynthia Rowley's design team, became the design director at Bill Blass for five years and launched his first collection under his own name during New York Fashion Week in February 2009.
For Spring 2012 he's using the "Peekaboo" as his central concept.  Floral motif... purple and black blooms... Sheer panels... loving it, for sure a red carpet statement!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...