She was born in Toronto, Canada and raised in Richmond British Columbia. Was first approached by agent Charles Stuart in 2002 at a Irish dance competition and started her modeling career in 2004.
Coco Rocha is one of my favorite models!
I have to confess I am in love with red hair right now but is not only that, the girl looks good with any hair color or just doing anything, I'm sure her dance background helps... and her name... excuse me!!! "Coco Rocha" what a great name!
- During Jean Paul Gaultier's Scottish Highlands-inspired Fall/Winter 2007 show in February 2007, Rocha opened the show by Irish-dancing down the runway; American Vogue dubbed this the "Coco Moment" and suggested it as a sign that the fashion industry misses the "supermodels"
- Rocha has been on the covers of many top fashion magazines including American, Mexican, Korean, Italian, Japanese, and Brazilian Vogue, Flare, Fashion,Numéro, French, W, Harper's Bazaar, Dazed & Confused, i-D, Time Style & Design, among others.
- Rocha has been the face of a variety of advertising campaigns including Americana Manhasset, Balenciaga, Chanel, D&G, Dior, Dolce & Gabbana, Lanvin, The Gap, Ports 1961, Tommy Hilfiger, Yves Saint Laurent, Esprit, Liz Claiborne, Calvin Klein, Nicole Farhi, DeBeers, Zac Posen, andRimmel. She has appeared in editorials for American, Italian, Korean, French, Russian, Spanish, Brazilian, Japanese, Mexican, and British Vogue, British, Canadian, Czech, French, Quebec, and Italian Elle V,[disambiguation needed] W, French, Korean, and Japanese Numéro, British and Japanese Dazed & Confused,i-D, Time Style & Design, and Ukrainian, Russian, Korean, and American Harpers Bazaar.
- Vogue Paris declared her one of the top 30 models of the 2000s.
- Naomi Campbell, who held her hands at the Anna Sui show and told her she was "her new favorite model".