Thursday, July 12, 2012

Couture Fall 2012


I can't help but think about Leandra Medine from Man Repeller when the subject is Couture.  In general I love the corky sarcasm in her writing but especially the way she quotes Couture: "If it looks like a vagina it's probably couture".  I used to be overwhelmed about this special collection but not so much anymore.  I've always had a huge respect for designers but after attending Fashion Design school it has elevated my respect to the next level.  I can see the beauty in really simple things even a well made t-shirt but when you talk about Haute Couture, its high quality, expensive fabric, time-consuming and lots of hand-executed techniques by the most experienced and capable seamstresses it should not look like a pret-a-porter collection.  The fact is I'm not that excited about all Haute Couture with some exceptions of course!  Mr Galliano we miss you, Couture will never be the same without your eccentric creations.  Below is what caught my eye in the latest Collections! 

Chanel 

Valentino

Elie Saab

Giambattista Valli

Versace 

Christian Dior

Images via style.com and vogue.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...