Monday, July 25, 2011

Coco Chanel, my Muse!


When I was taking Fashion History in School I had to write a paper about a designer... of course I choose  Coco Chanel; simply because I thought it would be fun to research about her Life and Career but had no idea the journey and how involved I was about to get in her story. 
Besides all the things I could find on line, I ordered all the movies and books on her life! I think it took me one week to read "A Women of her Own" by Alex Madsen (400 pages!!!) I loved it so much, I couldn't put the book down! I took the story to my dreams. This was before the movie "Coco avant Chanel" was out,  I was kind of upset when the movie came out as they skipped so many important details. I ended up writing this massive paper and afterwards found out from my instructor that it couldn't be more than 5 pages...hahaha, I was ready to write a book! Had to cut down to 5 pages but that's ok... it was all worth it!  Was one of my favorite school projects! If you are wondering what grade i received... "A"! 
It was not an effort at all but pure pleasure and so inspiring to dive into her life and so my respect and love for Chanel was born!
Oh! And I got my first Classic Chanel for Christmas that same year from my husband!!!

Chanel famous quotes:

"The best things in life are free... the second best are expensive."

"In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different. "


"A girl should be two things:
classy and fabulous!"


"A Woman can  be over dressed,
but never over elegant."


"Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance."



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...